CloudPublish is an end-to-end platform for the processing and distributing of eBooks and other electronic resources, namely eJournals (from entire multi-volume journals to single issues and single articles), and eChapters (i.e. fragments of eBooks).
There are several components to the CloudPublish platform:
- Your own website, customer database, and authentication system, connected to CloudPublish via the API;
- FTP servers that receive your source files and metadata;
- A processing "farm" to automatically turn your uploaded source files into electronic resources;
- A secure database to store your resources' metadata and your other data in relational tables;
- A high-capacity webserver to handle requests over the API;
- Content servers that deliver your resources, add DRM, and manage content caching and other performance-related aspects.
- An administration system that provides you with various management tools and usage statistics.
The following support topics are available:
- Understanding the CloudPublish process
- Using the CloudPublish administration system
- Integrating CloudPublish with your website via the CloudPublish API
- Linking CloudPublish resources to CrossRef via DOI
- Linking CloudPublish resources to your customers via MARC records
- Uploading source files
- Introduction to metadata
- Metadata: ONIX for eBooks
- Metadata for eJournals
- Metadata for eChapters
- CloudPublish DRM options
- Adobe Digital Editions and Adobe-compatible apps
- FastReader: the CloudPublish online eReader
- User authentication options