eBook and eJournal publishing and digital delivery for your business, made easy and cost-effective
The Complete Solution
CloudPublish® provides all the tools you need to create feature rich branded websites for the sale, delivery and management of eBooks, eChapters, and eJournals.
“CloudPublish opens a new era to publishers, who will regain control over their sales. CloudPublish offers a broad range of business models, and publishers can also tender directly for public contracts as the platform meets all the technical requirements.”
— Sabine Guerry, CEO, 123Library
A Comprehensive Service
CloudPublish allows you to market, sell and securely distribute eBooks, eChapters, and eJournals individually or by collections using your own branding, while retaining your existing website, ecommerce systems and customer database.
The CloudPublish comprehensive back-end system and array of tools accessible via our API (Application Programming Interface) provide you with the flexibility to build a digital publishing service customised to your own requirements.
The CloudPublish platform features:
- Publish and distribute eBooks (including individual eChapters), eJournals (by issue, volume and article)
- Website integration, connectivity, templates and example code
- Secure cloud-based hosting
- A powerful hosting platform which scales automatically to your needs
- MARC21 record creation and download
- COUNTER-compatible usage statistics
- Discoverability tools
- High resolution SVG, featuring our fast cross-platform eReader web-app for online delivery
- Strong Adobe DRM and Adobe Digital Editions support for download delivery
- Comprehensive management tools
- Flexibility to create and support your own business models
- Retain your own database of customers and website
- Subject code tools, including conversion between BIC, Thema and BISAC classification systems
- Bibliography tools, allowing bibliographic data to be exported to a wide range of bibliographic Reference Management Systems
- The ability to embed eBooks in Learning Management Systems or an Intranet
- Duplicate search tool, which allows clients to exclude books which they own already, either in hard copy or in eBook format
- Text-only version for visually impaired people
- Fully-featured online eReader including bookmarks, highlights, notes, bibliographic references in all major formats
- Service level agreement with a 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Training and customer support
Further reading: publishers, university presses, and academic institutions
- Discover how CloudPublish solves digital publishing for publishers.
- Learn how CloudPublish is also ideal for university presses and academic institutions.
CloudPublish supports both online and offline delivery (configurable on a system-wide, or per-user / per-subscription basis). Offline delivery uses Adobe DRM, downloading to Adobe Digital Editions and all compatible devices, software, and apps. Online delivery is via the powerful CloudPublish eReader, which supports all major browsers and is mobile- and tablet-friendly.
|CloudPublish eReader||Adobe Digital Editions|
|Online delivery||Offline (download) delivery|
|Preserves formatting of the printed book / journal|
|Multi-level table of contents|
|Print (page or range)|
|Print allowance control (at eBook level and higher)|
|Full text search|
|High definition, scaling vector (SVG) graphics||Print-resolution PDF graphics|
|Mobile, tablet, desktop support via all major browsers||Wide range of supported devices, software and apps|
|eChapter and journal article support||-|
|Text-only version and other accessibility functions||-|
|Overview "tile" navigation||-|
|Bibliographic reference export||-|
|Embed content in Learning Management Systems (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle)||-|
|Research sharing tool||-|
With many publishers currently depending entirely on the restrictions of aggregators to sell their eBooks to institutions, CloudPublish hands back control over sales activity and opens up avenues for revenue creation. CloudPublish provides access to useful back-end services and tools which simplify security and administration functions.
- Read more: CloudPublish brochure (PDF)
How CloudPublish works
This diagram illustrates the main components and information flows within CloudPublish. Please request a demonstration for further detailed information.